Have you tried our Wagyu Brisket Roll yet? In our opinion, it’s a hidden gem. It is one of the primal cuts of beef and can be separated into the point and the flat, although it is preferred to be prepared and cooked as a whole.
Below is our secret recipe for cooking a succulent Wagyu Brisket roast:
- 1 Wild Coast Wagyu Brisket
- 2 medium onions
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 1 bulb of garlic
- 1 bunch of mixed fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary, bay, sage
- olive oil
- Make sure the beef is at room temperature before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 240°C.
- Roughly chop the vegetables – there’s no need to peel them. Break the garlic bulb into cloves, leaving the peel on.
- Pile all the veg, garlic and herbs into the middle of a large roasting tray and drizzle with oil.
- Rub sea salt and black pepper over the beef and drizzle it with oil. Place the beef on top of the vegetables.
- Once the tray is in the oven, turn the heat down to 200°C and let the beef cook for one hour.
- Take the beef out of the oven and rest it for 15 minutes on a board before serving.
This cut is an excellent choice for a family meal. While brisket is often considered a tougher cut, it is much more tender when taken from Wagyu beef.
Shop our Wagyu Brisket here!