Why choose Wagyu over a regular brisket?
Regular brisket generally tends to dry out over the long cooking process (sometimes requiring spritzing).
This isn’t the case with Wagyu, thanks to its intramuscular fat content. You can enjoy a juicy and tender roast with a more decadent and more indulgent taste.
- 450g – 1,5kg 1 Wild Coast Wagyu Brisket
- 2 tablespoons room temperature butter
- 6-8 fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary needles, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Generous sprinkling of salt
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken or beef stock
1. Heat the oven to 260 °C
2. Mix the room-temperature butter, sage, rosemary, and pepper.
3. Lightly pat the roast dry with paper towels and place the roast in a shallow roasting dish. Rub the butter mixture evenly over the roast – season generously with salt.
4. Place in the oven for 20 minutes, then turn the oven down to 90°C and roast for 2 hours. The roast will come out to a rosy medium rare.
5. Remove the roast from the oven.
6. Pour the excess fat from the roasting tray into a heatproof container and set aside. Lightly scrape any loose remaining pan drippings from the roasting tray into a small saucepan and add two tablespoons of reserved beef fat.
7. Add chopped celery, shallots, and crushed garlic and cook until soft but not brown.
8. Add flour and continue cooking until flour disappears and becomes a light roux. Add stock, reduce by half or until thickened to your liking – season with salt and pepper.
9. Slice the roast according to your thickness preference and serve with au jus. Delicious!
Our 100% certified wagyu beef offers nothing but the best of everything – from genetics to flavour and everything in between!
You can rest assured that you’re buying the finest quality Certified South African Wagyu Beef (CSAWB).
No corners are cut in bringing you authentic, delicious wagyu beef.
Shop our Wagyu Brisket here!